Loaves and Fishes, a ministry of St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church, relies on the generosity of individuals for nearly half of our operating budget, with the remainder raised from private foundation and government grants. As primarily a volunteer-run organization, all individual donations directly support our program, including purchasing food and the salary of our part-time program manager.
Other responsibilities, such as fundraising and volunteer coordination, are carried out by an all-volunteer team, including members of the program’s management board. Communications costs, including the operations of this website, are covered through in-kind donations. You can donate to Loaves and Fishes using the “Donate” link in the menu above.
Loaves and Fishes is deeply grateful to the following organizations for their support:
- Association of Black Shia Youth of North America
- Bou Family Foundation
- Christ Episcopal Church, Rockville, Md.
- Clark-Winchcole Foundation
- FEMA Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- John Edward Fowler Memorial Foundation
- Gannett Foundation
- Grace Lutheran Church, Washington, D.C.
- Heritage Fellowship, Reston, Va.
- Hunger Fund, Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- Kiwanis Club of Washington, Washington, D.C.
- National Community Church, Washington, D.C.
- National Organization of Black Women in Law Enforcement
- St. Andrew Kim Catholic Church, Olney, Md.
- St. Columba’s Episcopal Church, Washington, D.C.
- St. Francis’ Episcopal Church, Potomac, Md.
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Bethesda, Md.
- The Table Church
- William S. Abell Foundation
- Workers of St. Alban’s, St. Alban’s Episcopal Parish, Washington, D.C.