Loaves and Fishes, a ministry of St. Stephen and the Incarnation Church, relies on the generosity of individuals for nearly half of our operating budget, with the remainder raised from private-foundation and government grants. As primarily a volunteer-run organization, all individual donations directly support our program, including purchasing food and the salary of our part-time program manager.
Other responsibilities, such as fund-raising and volunteer coordination, are carried out by an all-volunteer team, including members of our program management board. Communications costs, including the operations of this website, are covered through in-kind donations. You can donate to loaves and fishes using the “Donate” link in the menu above.
Loaves and Fishes is deeply grateful to the following organizations for their support:
- Association of Black Shia Youth of North America
- Bou Family Foundation
- Christ Episcopal Church, Rockville
- Clark-Winchcole Foundation
- FEMA Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- John Edward Fowler Memorial Foundation
- Gannett Foundation
- Grace Lutheran Church, D.C.
- Heritage Fellowship, Reston
- Hunger Fund, Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C.
- National Community Church, D.C.
- St. Andrew Kim Catholic Church, Olney
- St. Columba’s Episcopal Church, D.C.
- St. Francis’ Episcopal Church, Potomac
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Bethesda
- The Table Church
- William S. Abell Foundation
- Workers of St. Alban’s, St. Alban’s Episcopal Parish, D.C.